Thursday, June 14, 2012

In the Mood for Ombre

    
     One of my favorite trends lately has been ombre...and I mean ombre everything! It's like mixing a pattern trend and color trend, yet there are so many ways to do it. About a week ago I wanted to try something new with my nails so I went with a blue ombre pattern, dabbing three different shades to create the gradient effect. After I was satisfied with my nails, this weekend I took my obsession a little further. Normally, I'm not very adventurous when it comes to my hair. I've never dyed it, haven't had it shorter than my shoulders since I was nine, and resort to the most maintenance-free styles. But I kept thinking I wanted something a little edgier than normal for summer, so my cousin dyed half of my hair lighter. It was a lot of fun, and surprisingly, I wasn't even nervous! The shade turned out not too drastic but still noticeably lighter. It's just what I needed to add a little more excitement to my look! After we dyed each other's hair we had a little photoshoot...in a tub.

Nails:






Hair:







No comments:

Post a Comment