Friday, October 15, 2010

The Gap Turnaround


     Last week there was a big fuss about Gap's new logo design. From tweets to blogs, everyone was quick to express their strong disagreement with the company's decision. No sooner than the new logo surfaced, the old one came back! Gap claimed they have learned from their mistakes and understood that they didn't go about this the right way. "This wasn’t the right project at the right time for crowd sourcing,” said Gap Brand North America president, Marka Hansen.


     In the past few years, Gap has lost its modern appeal and it's not surprising that the brand tried something different. However, maybe they should be making bigger strides in the design of their clothing and less in entering the public eye as insecure and hesitant of their direction. I can't help thinking that without changing their image further than just a logo, their future might not be as triumphant.

     On a more positive note, the few things Gap has done right throughout the years? Their ads!
Here are some of my favorites...



The Funny Boys:
The guys of Saturday Night Live.

James Marsden


A Gossip Girl Holiday:

Ed Westwick and Leighton Meester

Chace Crawford, Blake Lively, Penn Badgley




Black and White:

Twyla Tharp

Hugh Dancy

John Mayer

Lucy Lui

Selma Blair


My Favorite Models:

Abby Lee Kershaw and Lily Donaldson

Anja Rubik

Chanel Iman

Coco Rocha

Sasha Pivovarova


2 comments:

  1. yeah, its definitely the clothes. I can't help but be bored to tears when I walk in. DOn't get me wrong, I have some fabulous trousers from them... but as far as everythgin else goes? blah, boring, and ill fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this. I heard about the different logo - but haven't seen it. If I first heard about this company I would of first thought this was a computer or technological company instead of a fashion company. LOL

    Love the pics! I agree as well as Gap doesn't have anything appealing. It just seems blah to me and nothing that excites the eye. It would be good for an interview or something like that but nothing more...

    ReplyDelete