Sunday, September 4, 2011

Boston Wardrobe Inspiration


     I've finally moved in at Emerson and have been meaning to post my latest inspiration since I've been here. I was absolutely smitten with Rebecca Minkoff’s Fall 2011 collection, and loved that it was a mixture of rock n’ roll meets 1970’s vintage. It being only her second clothing collection, she did a marvelous job translating the vibe of her handbags into ready-to-wear pieces. One of my favorite aspects of her show was the outerwear that incorporated luxurious furs, smooth leathers, and metallic twill. I am also a huge fan of her diverse dress silhouettes, from bellowing chiffon to fitted jersey; I could see myself living in all of them! Here are the looks from her collection and things I would hope to do while wearing them.
Braving the first snow on Boylston St.

Interviewing a student for the Berkeley Beacon.

Sushi at Oishii.

Going to a performance at the Cutler Majestic Theater.

Hitting the books with an espresso at the Thinking Cup.

Going for a late fall walk in the Boston Common.

Working on the latest issue of em magazine.

Shopping on Newbury Street.

Ordering take out and renting a movie with friends.

Vintage shopping trip at Poor Little Rich Girl.

Auditioning for the Musical Theater Society.

18 and up night at the Gypsy Bar.

Date night at No. 9 Park.

Researching for a paper at the Iwasaki Library.

Browsing for Shakespeare at Commonwealth Books.

Seeing The Hundred in the Hands at the House of Blues.

Lounging in my room, writing a paper or reading Vogue.

Walking to my Americans in Paris literature class.

Walking to Mike's Pastry for cheesecake.

Trip to the Barbara Krakow Gallery.

Running errands around campus.

Covering the shows at Boston Fashion week.

Shopping for vintage jewelry at Twentieth Century Limited.

Celebrating Fashion's Night Out around town.

Watching an Emerson quidditch game.

 Relaxing at Starbucks to write a blog post.

Attending a Fashion Society event.

Seeing an exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts.

Shopping for a party dress at AllSaints.

Work study at Emerson's costume shop.

Going to a Boston Fashion Week gala.

No comments:

Post a Comment