Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Bikinis Aren't for Tan Lines Anymore


     There's one thing that I try not to do every summer, but it always ends up happening anyway...buying a new Victoria's Secret bathing suit! They're always coming out with new designs and I just can't resist making one of them mine! 

      This year, my bathing suit of choice was actually an older design that has come back for a couple seasons. I've wanted it for a long time now, and it went on sale for a short time, so I couldn't just let it slip away! It's much less coverage than I normally go for...not the kind of suit I would wear on a family vacation! But it was perfect for my trip to LA to see my boyfriend! 

Very Sexy Swimwear - Strappy Bandeau Top $38 & Strappy Brazilian Bottom $38
      I realized this bikini wouldn't be the best for tanning either! With all those straps, I would have some pretty strange tan lines! But then come to think of it, today's most stylish suits aren't much different. The days of plain old triangle bikinis are long gone and designers have gotten much more inventive, meaning lots of cutouts and straps and no more clean tan lines. And I like it! 

Cushnie et Ochs Resort 2014
       I always look for something unique in my latest bathing suit purchase and recently, there have been a lot more brands stepping outside the box. It also takes the focus away from needing to look perfectly bronze and brings more attention to how cool your bathing suit looks. I usually tan a little bit every summer, but I burn more often than I get golden color. So I like showing off an awesome suit more than my skin.

MIKOH swimwear - Xavier One Piece - $194
ASOS - Leaf Print Caged Bikini Top $27.15 & Bikini Pant $23.76
Victoria's Secret - Very Sexy Strappy Twist Bandeau Top $43.50 & Brazilian Bikini Bottom $39
Revolve Clothing - Anna Kosturova Flashback Bikini - $154
For more awesome bathing suits that defy tanning lines check out this shoppable widget below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment