Friday, August 30, 2013

DIY: Galaxy Nail Art

         Every time I change my nail polish lately, I like to try something different than just a solid color. Last week, I created a galaxy print, as it's one of my favorite patterns for clothing. I'm going to show you how to do it on your nails!

What you'll need:
- black, white, orange, light blue, and purple nail polishes
- a very thin, shimmery nail polish
- clear top coat
- makeup sponge
- pencil 
These are the colors I used: Revlon - "Black Lingerie," Circus by Andrea's Choice - "Reverso," Essie - "Meet Me at Sunset," Essie - "Lilacism," Color Club - "Disco Dress," L'oreal - "The Temptress' Power," NYC - "Extra Shiny Top Coat."
Step 1: Paint nails black. Let dry.
Step 2: Using the makeup sponge, dab small splotches of the blue onto each nail. Let dry.
Step 3: Repeat this dabbing technique with the orange and purple polishes, drying between each color. 
Step 4: Dip the tip of a pencil into the white polish to create small dots that look like stars. Let dry.
Step 5: Paint a light layer of the shimmery polish on top of design.
Step 6: After the polish has dried for a considerable amount of time, apply top coat to finish. 

And voilà! You have nails that are out of this world! 

If you're like me and can't get enough galaxy print, shop some of my choices below:



No comments:

Post a Comment