Sunday, September 1, 2013

My Current Obsession: The Bucket Bag


          I've fallen in love with one of this fall's biggest accessories trends -- the bucket bag. I really haven't seen it around much since the 90s versions of my childhood, but now it's been reinvented as a modern carry-all. I spent all my birthday money on clothes, but I'm still determined to get one of these bags in the near future...hopefully before New York Fashion Week! Oh yeah, I'm excited to announce that I will be attending some of the shows at NYFW SS14, thanks to my awesome internship at Papercut Magazine! Anyway, now that I have all my new clothes, I just need a leather bucket bag to top off my fashion week wardrobe! Since my funds have run out, I'm hoping to come across a lucky vintage find during my next thrift venture.

Boden - Leather Pouch Bag - $178
           While the classic black ones are sophisticated, these drawstring bags also come in all sorts of fun colors, patterns, fabrics, and textures to fit anyone's style. There are woven and fringe ones for the bohemian, studded and embellished for the edgy one, sleek and simple for the minimalist, perforated and color block for the sporty one, patterned and ombre for the artist, and bright whites and colors for the socialite.

Classic Black


Chanel - Black Lambskin Drawstring Bucket Bag - $2,600

Marc by Marc Jacobs - Too Hot to Handle Drawstring Pouch - $198

Piero Guidi Linea Bold - Black Canvas Bucket Bag - $485

The Row - Bucket Bag - $3,400

Kate Spade NY - Valentine Pebbled Leather Bucket Shoulder Bag - $378

Gryson - Ryland Bucket Bag - $510

Hermes - Black Leather Drawstring Bucket Bag - $3,360


The Bohemian

Sara Battaglia - Jasmine Fringe pouch - $1,180

Stela 9 - Ganesha Bucket Bag - $105
Joie - Mabel Bucket Bag - $388



The Edgy One


Guess - Seun Drawstring Bag - $118

Alexander Wang - Black Studded Diego Bucket Bag - $850

Free People - McFadin Stone Ryder Bucket Bag - $378


The Minimalist

Baggu - Drawstring Purse - $140

3.1 Phillip Lim - Scout Textured Leather Drawstring Bag - $750
Tory Burch - Robinson Bucket Bag - $495


The Sporty One
Linea Pelle - Perforated Color Block Bucket - $225

Cole Haan - Linley Perf Mini Drawstring Bag - $165.99
Dooney & Bourke - Patent Drawstring - $139.99
 

The Artist

Wendy Nichol - Embroidered Eye of Horus Bullet Bag - $1,225
Free People - Old Trend Atlas Leather Bucket Bag - $298

Free People - Jagger Leather Tote - $428


The Socialite

Vince Camuto - Janet Drawstring Bag - $132.99

Tila March - Romy Bucket Drawstring Bag - $1,095
Louis Vuitton - White Perforated Leather Noé Bag - $2,243

For those of us who can't afford several hundred dollars on a new handbag every season, here are some more affordable options from stores like Nasty Gal, Asos, and Mango. 


No comments:

Post a Comment