Saturday, February 8, 2014

BCBG Max Azria AW14



          BCBG is one of the shows that's had the biggest impression on me in these first few days of fashion week. Maybe it's just the cold weather getting to me, but I would love to wrap myself in one of their luxurious, fur capes or coats. While their outerwear was definitely the high point of their collection, I'm also digging the color palette. Everyone's been talking about pastels for winter and BCBG incorporated them in a very understated, approachable way. Soft pinks instead of bubblegum, stripes of aqua blue, and accents of orange all lent themselves to the greys, whites, and blacks. I usually gravitate toward the latter in winter, but I'd be willing to wear these more colorful pieces without a second thought. Additionally, their acid wash print was a pleasant reminder of burning wood -- the patterns made in logs as they become charcoal. Overall, this collection felt cozy and warm, making it one I'd be dying to get my hands on come fall.












photo credit: Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment