Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Studs, Leather and Destiny - The Story of My Badgley Mischka Handbag


          You know that feeling when you fall in love with an unattainable dress or pair of shoes? You just can't afford it, or at least not without killing your bank account, but you can't stop thinking about it. Once you leave the store you keep wondering if someone's snatched it up yet or if it's just sitting where you left it, waiting for you to come back for it. Well, that was me about a month ago! During a TJMaxx shopping trip, I'd found the most beautiful Badgley Mischka handbag in black leather with gold studs and hardware. I was in awe of how soft the leather felt and how perfect the bag was. It was down from it's original department store price, but was still out of my budget. Reluctantly, I put it back and settled for a quick snapshot to remember it by. A few weeks later, I found it again, same price, same disappointment.

            Yesterday, I went back to TJMaxx once more to search for this bag of my dreams, in hopes that it went on clearance. My heart began to sink when it wasn't on display where it was the week before. But after a little digging, I saw those gold studs peeking from behind a couple less-than-average handbags and grabbed it before anyone could take it away from me. It was on sale so with my Christmas gift cards, and some help from my generous parents, it was a realistic purchase. I was finally united with this bag that had been on my mind for over a month! 

             I am now happy to say that this handbag is a part of my treasured collection and I'll be bringing it along with me to New York Fashion Week in a few days!




No comments:

Post a Comment