Sunday, September 20, 2009

Spring 2010 Runway Review: Fresh and Classic at Badgley Mischka

The first post I ever wrote was on Badgley Mischka's 2009 spring collection, so I decided to kick-off my Spring 2010 runway reviews with their classy ready-to-wear line. Many of the looks had loose or bunched up fabrics accompanied by cinched waistlines, which in my opinion, is the best way to go for a simple, chic look. There was some experimenting with sleeves that I thought gave originality to otherwise plain tops. My favorite part of their collection is that they emphasized necklines with gorgeous, big necklaces. The bathing suits had a relaxing, beachy feel that also reflected with natural make-up and pulled back hair. Overall, not a lot going on, but a fresh and simple look is always good for spring.


My predictions: I didn't see much new trend potential, but rather repeats from fall's runways. Although classy is always in, there wasn't a lot that I haven't already seen.

 


Mark Badgley and James Mischka

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of the prettiest collections I've seen! The bathing suits are gorgeous! xxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection this season!

    http://missheadoverheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete