Thursday, July 9, 2009

How Do You Marry a Millionaire?

I was shopping on theoutnet.com and I came across a dress that looks like something Lauren Bacall would've worn in "How to Marry a Millionaire" with Marilyn Monroe and Betty Grable. Her style was the most grown-up of the three roommates and always very sleek and sophisticated. There is a rumor that Nicole Kidman will be producing a remake of the film and many say she'll be starring as Marilyn Monroe's character. But truthfully, besides the fact that they both have blond hair, the two actresses couldn't be more different. Marilyn Monroe plays a flighty bombshell who can't see, named Pola. I really can't imagine Nicole Kidman walking into walls and falling for a dorky man who thinks she's "quite a strudel." I could picture her much better as the sensible and practical Schatze, played by Bacall. The real question in my mind is who will play the other two leading ladies? Unfortunately the movie isn't expected to come out until 2011, so until then I'll be anticipating the reveal of the cast!

No comments:

Post a Comment