Wednesday, October 2, 2013

NYFW SS14: Backstage at Mordekai by Ken Borochov


           Until New York Fashion Week, I've experienced two sides of fashion shows. I've watched numerous presentations from the audience and I've worked as a stylist and PR assistant backstage. But it was really cool to add another perspective to my career as one of the members of the press with a backstage pass at Mordekai.

            Through my internship, I received a press pass lanyard and got to witness the pre-show chaos at the The Standard hotel. I met Ben Borochov and asked him a few questions about his first collection to show at NYFW before he was whisked away to tend to his models. The hair and makeup tent was crowded, so it took a bit of squeezing behind stylists to get close up pictures. Then, the PR agents banished all the reporters from the tent while the models got dressed. I felt like a true fashion journalist, seeing the jewelry laid out on tables before anyone saw it on the runway and watching the models do a walk-through in their "off-duty" outfits!

To see more about this show, go to my post for Papercut Magazine here: 






























No comments:

Post a Comment