Sunday, October 20, 2013

What I Wore to BFW SS14

 
        My outfits for Boston Fashion Week were a bit more playful than in New York. For one thing, I wasn't dealing with a big city I was unfamiliar with and not as comfortable in. Boston is practically my home, so I tend to dress more carefree and less reserved. It's also easier to get from one end of Boston to the other, so I could stop at my boyfriend's apartment to change more often. Whereas in NYC, I opted for simple pieces that could take me through the whole day (and black clothes that wouldn't show spills, like the pumpkin spice latte I dumped all over me).

         I still wore a lot of leather, but I incorporated more color and patterns. The first night, I attended the Denise Hajjar and Candice Wu shows in a black, ruched one-shoulder dress with silver beading down the side. Throughout the week, I wore my new dark blue tuxedo pants, my favorite plaid flannel, a vintage metal belt my grandma gave me, and a purple lace peplum top.

         Before Tricia Cromwell's Style Swap, I took a trip the MFA with my boyfriend, Andy. It was surprisingly hot and I was glad I chose to wear the only skirt I brought! I paired it with a studded (in the back) collared top, a dark green, vintage belt, gold jewelry, and my DIY bucket bag. For an unexpected touch, I wore my sneaker wedges that I love combined with the leather skirt.

 Top - TJ Maxx
Skirt - Charlotte Russe
Sneaker Wedges - Urban Outfitters
Necklaces - Daisy Fuentes, La Mer
Belt - vintage
Bag - thrifted





The Hippie Exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts.

My favorite piece in the exhibit was the little jumpsuit number in the back complete with a floppy, felt hat.



I loved the fabrics in this dress.

My silly boyfriend!




Photographs courtesy of Andy Cahill.

No comments:

Post a Comment